Tuesday, March 21, 2006

New Recipe

My sister in law made a great salad when I was over at her place last week so I thought I'd share it with you as it is truly scrummy!! Oriental Fried Noodle Salad 1/2 - 1 Chinese Cabbage or Savoy Cabbage, shredded finely 6 Green Onions, chopped into 5mm lengths 100g lightly roasted slivered almonds or pinenuts (I used Ducks Toasted Slivered Almonds, available in the nut & dried fruit section of supermarket) 1 Pkt Changs Fried Noodles 100g (available in noodle aisle of supermarket) Dressing 1/4 cup White Vinegar 1/4 cup Castor Sugar 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce 2 teaspoons Seasame Oil (optional) 1/2 cup Olive Oil Combine all the dressing ingredients in a saucepan. Stir well over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Cool. Toss the cabbage, chopped onions and almonds in a salad bowl. Add dressing and mix well. Just before serving add the noodles and toss thoroughly. I added shredded chicken to mine and it filled the salad out alot more and made it into a complete meal in itself.