Saturday, September 09, 2006

Saturday 9th September

Sorry M, I've only just got around to posting this. So here are 10 words starting with the letter R which relate to my life! Running - This is my exercise of choice. I have a love/hate relationship with running. I absolutely love how I feel after a run, especially if I've run well. I hate that I have to get up early for most of my runs due to work. Racing - Another aspect of running is that I get to compete in lots of races. Races are a very social event for me. It's great to catch up with all my Ausrun forum friends for a laugh and a chat, and it's lovely to meet lots of new people as well. I think I enjoy this part much more than the actual competing in the race!! Run to the G - This race was where I met my best friend Michelle last year. I was meeting up with 3 or 4 people from the Ausrun forum for the first time, including Michelle. We hit it off right away and have been inseparable ever since. Relationship - I am so lucky to have a fantastic partner in my life. He is always there to support me, picks me up when I'm feeling down, he makes me laugh, and really looks after me. He is also a great father to our daughter and I am so proud to be seen with him (he's pretty hot looking too!!). Roller Coaster - My life has been like one of these rides. All up and down, hanging on for dear life, not knowing when it'll end so that I can stop screaming. I'm happy to report that I've gotten off that ride now and am happily enjoying the more scenic merry go round!! Retail Therapy - This has always been my stress outlet. I love shopping. It makes me feel good. Doesn't matter what I'm shopping for, as long as I'm buying something, even something as mundane as grass seed, there's a smile on my face. Retirement - One of my goals in life is to quit work and become a full time housewife...sad isn't it!! I have worked full time since I was 16, only having 6 weeks off after my daughter was born before going back to work full time. I have now realised that I don't want to work any more. Unfortunately retirement is not going to happen any time soon unless Mr Tattslotto smiles favourably upon us! Renovation - Since moving into our home 2 years ago, we are slowly renovating each room. It is a very slow process, made even slower by the fact that I am very lazy when it comes to doing anything around the house. We have been talking about putting a new kitchen in for over 12 months now. It is almost about to happen...almost!! Religion - I have none. I don't believe in God. Both of my previous marriages were done by Celebrants, in lovely settings in the mountains. I am, however, happy to send my daughter to a Catholic school, mainly due to the fact that it has a very good reputation. She is not catholic. Does that make me a hypocrite? Rock n Roll - I love music. I have a very wide range of music that I enjoy listening to. My favourite music has to be something that I can both run to and sing along to at the same time, so something with a great beat and a catchy tune. Hard house is another favourite type of music, which has to be listened to very loud, but on the other end of the scale I also love all the old late 50's and early 60's music. Bay City Rollers also feature on my playlist!