Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Wednesday 13th September

Well this has to have been one of the crappiest weeks that I've had both exercise and healthwise in a long time. I haven't run since last Tuesday, mainly due to the weather, lack of motivation and being full of pigging cold AGAIN!! I'm so over this wet weather already. And I can't wait for it to be 15 degrees when I get up at 5.30am and go running in daylight!! Only 45 days to go until daylight savings, and I'm counting every single one of them too!! Something that did brighten my week was going shopping at DFO. What a fantastic place. Would have been a bit less stressful if it had been done child free, but I still managed to buy up big! Got a new pair of 3/4 compression tights for $50, and a lovely fleece Adidas top for $15. I've also bought myself an Enell Sports Bra. Wasn't cheap, that's for sure, but it looks like it's going to hold my DD's in place nicely! Will review it once it's arrived and I've given it a workout! My parents arrive home on Sunday after 2 months of jetsetting around the world. They've asked if I can pick them up from the airport. Now here's my dilemma. Their flight gets in at 10.20am. They're flying in to the International terminal so it's probably going to take them at least 40 minutes to get off the plane, through customs, pick up their bags, get through quarantine, and get out of the airport. There is a Spring into Shape run on Sunday morning. The 8km race starts at 9.30am, which means that I would probably be running through the finish line at about 10.15am. Would I have enough time to get back to the car, get to the airport and pick them up without them having to wait for me? And would it be very anti-social of me to show up all sweaty, wearing my running gear? Decisions, decisions!! It's looking like I may be getting a new Garmin 205 for Christmas. Hubby has just taken up cycling again and he used Gav for his ride. He is very impressed with it!! I've already offered Gav to him in exchange for a new 205! My eating has improved. Since Monday I have tried to eat mainly low GI foods. This seems to be working at the moment. The food is filling, I definitely don't have the same sweet cravings that I've had lately, and I'm not looking to eat everything in sight. The downside is that eating low GI means that I have to take the time to cook food and to prepare food in advance. I will persist. I will not give up!! Looking forward to my run with Michelle tomorrow morning. Alana's Quote: "Mum you're such a silly girl sometimes!"