Thursday, December 22, 2005

Thursday 22nd December

I have totally lost my oomph...I just can't seem to find it. This week has been a total writeoff with regards to exercise. I put together a fantastic exercise schedule and what happens??? Nothing - that's what!! I've been totally lacking in energy. Even last night, I went to bed at 10.30pm and woke up at 7am feeling like I've not slept at all. And I'm sitting here at my desk yawning my head off and my eyes feel so heavy, it's ridiculous!! Even to the extent that some of us running friends organized a BBQ so that the rest of the families could come and get to know each other while we do a couple of laps around Lilydale Lake. I even put all my running gear on. But I get there and just have no motivation to run whatsoever. Instead I get poured a nice glass of bubbly and sit eating dim sims cooked on the BBQ and watching the kids running around. I am meeting Michelle, Tony & Mark on Saturday morning for an easy 10km jog along Mullum Mullum Creek. However I did forget when I organized it that I'm at the works Christmas party tomorrow, so will be drinking plenty of water and downing tons of Berocca when I get home, otherwise it won't be nice sight, me waking up on Saturday morning. I just can't wait for the holidays to begin. Not having to even consider getting out of bed early sounds so good to me at the moment. It'll be nice to get up at a decent hour and go for a run when it suits me, rather than the alarm telling me to get up. I will keep updating my blog as I also use it to log my running usage. It might not actually be on the day that I do the exercise but it'll appear sometime!! Hubby and I have bought new mountain bikes for Christmas. It's this one. I can't wait to use it along some of the great trails that we have in the area. I'm also getting a pedometer attached to it so that I can monitor the distance for when Michelle and I do any runs along the same route. Only downside is that we have to wait 3 weeks before they're delivered!! Only one more sleep to go until I can relax and enjoy myself!