Thursday, March 02, 2006

Thursday 2nd March

Exercise: 7km Run (Mullum Mullum Creek Trail) I had to rub Tiger Balm into my quads and calves before I got into bed last night in the hope that they would loosen up overnight for me to be able to run this morning. On gingerly stepping out of bed this morning, I was more than happy when I realised that it had done a great job. I still had some pain in the legs, but nowhere near as bad as yesterday. We still cut the run short though, due to sore legs and also the urgent need to go to the loo. I felt good that I'd actually got out there and did some exercise rather than laying in bed feeling sorry for myself. We've decided to do another run tomorrow morning to make up for the speed session that we missed yesterday. I had to laugh at my mum the other day. She is now an avid gym goer. She loves doing body pump classes and she's even started to jog on the treadmill she tells me. I think the fact that she's losing weight is an added bonus. As she said to me "the fat bits that hang over my bra aren't so noticeable any more"!! Anyway we were chatting on the phone and she was telling me that her and my dad had been asked to go and watch one of her nephews play basketball. She wasn't very happy about this as it clashed with her body pump class on a saturday morning!! I couldn't believe what I was hearing! If you knew my mum, the excuse of not having to exercise would have been the highlight of her day. Now she's peed off because she can't do her exercise. Whatever next!!