Friday, October 13, 2006

Friday 13th October

Exercise: 10km Run - MMCT I think that this morning had to be just about the perfect temperature to run. I even put some shorts on! There was hardly any wind and the sun was just rising. Wish these mornings happened every day that I run. I was going to do some faster pace work this morning but Michelle hasn't recovered enough yet to put in too much pace, so it was a nice easy run. I did up the pace just a smidgen in the middle of the run, but then backed off again for the return journey back to the car (we run up and back along a trail). I've still got a little niggle at the side of my knee but it doesn't actually feel muscular, it feels a bit harder than that, if that makes sense!! I know that I should probably rest it for a little bit and do the RICE stuff, but I think I've left it too late. Will probably put some heat on it tonight and then rub in some tiger balm. May even put my knee brace on. It's got magnetic things in it, which are supposed to do something good, so hopefully all of that might do the job. I've been without my mobile phone for nearly 2 weeks now as it had to be repaired (something went wrong with the Java) so I've been using my old Nokia 8210. OMG, how quickly I've got used to all the latest technology that comes with mobile phones! Can you believe how expensive grapes are at the moment. I went to the supermarket last night to get some meat for dinner. Bought two big pieces of rump steak and some grapes. The grapes cost me more than the steak....I'm still in shock! $13.32 for the steak, $13,82 for the grapes. I'm definitely not going to buy my fruit and veg from the supermarket any more. I'm going to try and find a farmers market locally so that I don't get ripped off any more! Alana's Quote: "Mum I think I'm having a heart attack!"