Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Wednesday 3rd October

Exercise: 7km Run - MMCT Exercise: Weights (Back) - Lunchtime @ Gym You lot living close to the city are probably enjoying the pleasant mornings, whereas us lot who live in the outer suburbs have to put up with the really chilly mornings still. Not fair! It always seems to be at least 5 degrees cooler out our way than in the city, and I read that people are wearing singlets and shorts to do their early morning runs,whereas I'm still wearing my 3/4 pants with long sleeve tech top and sleeveless jacket. Not fair! You all must know how much I hate the cold, I've whinged about it enough. Met Michelle for our last run before the MM on Sunday. Because I haven't played Netball for 3 weeks, the legs were a bit sore from running up and down the court and pushing off hard. It's amazing how we use different muscles for different sports, and I can't believe how quickly the muscles become unused (does that make sense?). I've got a massage with CV tomorrow night. I would have preferred Friday night but we're going to see the school play, so had to bring it back a day. I suppose this is good in that it means that if my legs are sore after the massage I get an extra day for them to heal. It was great to get back to the gym at lunch time today. I want to try and do that 3 times per week if I can. I also take my lunch into work with me if I think I'm going to the gym and this means that I don't go to the Lunch Truck or wander around the supermarket looking for junky stuff! Am also trying to drink 2 litres of water for the rest of the week so that my body is hydrated for Sunday. I'm also not going to drink on Friday or Saturday night - Yes you read that correctly! Because I haven't been regimental with my training I want to at least try and give myself the best opportunity of finishing without killing myself trying, so looking after my diet this week and keeping away from the crap is probably the only way that I'm going to make it. Of course if somebody could drive in front of me with a glass of champagne, that may get me to the finish line also! Alana's Quote: "Mum you're just not getting it are you?!"