Wednesday, September 27, 2006

100 Things

Okay, I've finally got round to doing my list...in no particular order. 1. I have 4 siblings, 3 brothers and 1 sister 2. We were all born within 6 years of each other 3. I am not close to any of them. My 2 younger brothers are probably the closest to each other. They were born 10 months apart. 4. My sister and I look totally different, and have very different personalities. We are 18 months apart, me being the older. 5. I have never been close to my mother, but since moving back to Australia in 2003, have tried to change that. I still have a way to go with resolving some issues that I have harboured for a long time. 6. I have been married and divorced twice. 7. I changed my name by deed poll to reflect my partner's surname. (3rd time lucky!!). 8. I went to England for a 9 month holiday in 1993 (after I split with 2nd Hubby) and ended up staying for 10.5 years! 9. I met my current partner 5 weeks after I arrived in the UK. 10. We have a gorgeous 7 year old (going on 21) daughter. 11. My favourite colour is purple - any shade. All my friends know this so I always tend to get prezzies that have some kind of purple in them! 12. I have been told that I am an emotionally indepedent person. I do not tend to burden other people with my problems and keep my feelings to myself most of the time. 13. My nickname is JJ. All of my close friends call me J. My family call me by my first name (Janice). Some shorten it to Jan, which I absolutely hate! Why be given a name and then shorten it to something else!! I do, however, like being called J. 14. I adore Champagne, Yellowglen Bella being my favourite. 15. I got drunk on Beer one New Years Eve and have not drunk it since. I still have horror memories of the following morning....wasn't a nice sight! 16. I went to a very progressive high school. We didn't have to wear a school uniform and we were allowed to smoke outside of class. I managed to keep away from the ciggies until Year 9! 17. I gave up the ciggies after my husband (then boyfriend) gave me an ultimatium - him or the ciggies!! Stupidly I chose him! 18. I passed my licence first time. Got 84% 19. My first car was a VW Station Wagon in Powder Blue. 20. My second car was a 1975 Statesman with a 308. (loved that car!). 21. I have played Netball since I was 10 years old. The team I was in was very good and we won nearly all of our grand finals over the next 7 years! 22. I have had issues with my weight since I was 16 years old. 23. Going by all the weight to height ratio charts, I have never been overweight. 24. I was born in the UK. 25. My family moved to Australia when I was 9 years old. 26. My parents still live in the same house that I grew up in. 27. When I went to the UK I finally found out who I really was. I came back to Australia a differnt person to the one who left. 28. My partner is my rock. I knew the moment that I met him that he was "the one". He was my reason for staying in the UK for as long as I did. 29. I hate being cold, in any form. 30. I love Summer, even when it's 40 degrees. 31. I am a sun worshipper. I know the dangers and the pitfalls of laying in the sun for hours on end! I rarely use sunscreen. 32. I have had many moles cut off my body, once during a Saturday morning 'Vasectomy Clinic' (now that was a laugh, hangover and all!). 33. My nose was broken in a car accident when I was 17. I didn't know it was broken at the time so didn't get it looked at. It is now crooked. 34. I love gold jewellery, especially rings with big sparkly diamonds in them. I still have all my rings from both previous marriages, which I wear ocassionally. 35. I own more running pants than I do normal pants/jeans. 36. I love handbags....there are way too many in my cupboard. I very rarely use them. 37. I hardly wore makeup until I was about 22. 38. I dyed my hair blonde at 22. It has been this colour since. 39. The first time I had a massage was this year. 40. I am a very social person and love going out for drinks. 41. My favourite movie of all time is Dirty Dancing. 42. I don't like horror movies at all. 43. I have one tattoo, which I got done when I was 40. It took 90 minutes to do and it hurt like hell. 44. I am contemplating getting another one done soon. 45. I hate ironing. 46. My favourite flower is the fuschia, followed closely by the Freesia. I have a huge fuschia garden in my backyard and I have loads of different varieties of fuschias. 47. I like gardening but hardly ever find the time to garden. 48. I'm a revhead at heart. Love the drags, V8 supercars, monster trucks etc. 49. I went straight to work when I left school in Year 11. Wanted the money, not the education! 50. I am an early bird. Would much rather get up at 6am to go for a run than 7pm. 51. I love reality TV, especially Big Brother and Biggest Loser. 52. Currently my favourite show on TV is Thank God You're Here....absolutely hilarious. 53. Never learnt to play an instrument - oh well!! 54. Have been taught French and Japanese. Don't remember either. 55. Have lived in various places, both in Australia and the UK, including Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Canberra, Guildford, Woking, Godalming. 56. Out of the above, Gold Coast was my favourite - sun, sun, sun! 57. I am a cat person. 58. My favourite being Siamese 59. Am not a dog person, however duirng my 2nd marriage we owned a Doberman and a Border Collie. 60. My hair is my security blanket. 61. I buy alot of expensive products for my hair. 62. I use Clinique products on my face. 63. I don't use much makeup, but wear it daily. 64. I very rarely wear flat shoes, apart from my trainers. 65. Even my thongs are 2" high 66. Oh yeah, shoes - something else that I tend to buy lots of. 67. I currently own 8 pairs of trainers. One pair about to be thrown out (just can't bear to put them in the bin), one for the garden, two for running, one for gym, one for Netball, one pair that are waiting to be used for running and another pair for Squash. 68. Since I started working I have never felt that I had to scrimp and save money. I've always felt comfortably well off. 69. I like playing my music loud. 70. I have really varying taste in music. 71. My favourite has to be any music that has a great beat and can be played loud. 72. I used to go clubbing most weekends when I lived in the UK (before child that is!!). 73. I also used to drink alot. I have now reduced the quantity that I drink and normally I only drink on the weekend now.(It's hard to get up early for a run if you've got lots of alcohol swishing around in your head!!). 74. I am an Aquarian. 75. Fortunately I do not have the traits of your average Aquarian, although I look back on my dress sense when I was younger and question where I got my style (or lack of) from!! 76. I do not believe in God. Once you're dead, you're dead! 77. I don't have a specific favourite food. I like food too much to narrow it down to one favourite. Check out my food link on the right hand side bar. Might give you a better idea of what I'm talking about. 78. I hate being late - for anything. I prefer to get there 30 minutes early rather than 5 minutes late. 79. I was a very good discus thrower at Little Athletics. Got 1st in every event in my last year there. I was asked to compete in Senior Athletics but I couldn't get to the training sessions as they were at Nunawading so never carried it on. 80. I like gambling. I keep it under control but there is always the urge to put money in the poker machines, or drop by a TAB or buy raffle tickets or scratch cards. Both my younger brothers also like to gamble. 81. I have a birth mark on my calf. My dad and one of my younger brothers also have a birth mark in the same place! 82. I am not into designer labels. I don't like spending lots of money on everyday clothes, yet when it comes to running gear I don't even think about the cost! 83. Outwardly I appear to be a very calm person. On the inside I scream alot. 84. One of the hobbies I really enjoy is creating websites. I never seem to find the time to do this anymore, yet I can sit on the computer for hours wasting time doing nothing in particular! 85. I owned a BMW 320i when I lived in the UK. It was a great car. 86. I sleep in a King Size bed....the only way to sleep! 87. I used to ride an RM80 motor bike out in the bush. 88. Used to help Hubby No. 1 put car engines together. Absolutely detest anything to do with cars now. Give them to someone else to fix is my motto! 89. I've never been in trouble with the law. Have only ever had one speeding ticket. I'm a goody too shoes. 90. I am a very reliable person. If I say I'm going to be somewhere, I'll be there. 91. I don't have many close friends. I have lots of acquaintences. 92. I left 4 of my closest friends in the UK. I miss them loads. 93. I thank my lucky stars that I met Michelle. It's a bit spooky how alike we are. Both our daughters have the same middle name! 94. I enjoy cooking in the kitchen. I don't have time to do it very often. 95. My towel cupboard has a certain place for each towel. 96. I have never seen a dead person. 97. I love snow (even though I hate the cold). 98. I love flying, especially in Jumbos. 99. My first kiss was at 12 years old. 100. I still have a koala bear that my dad brought back from Australia when I was a baby. Phew.....that certainly got the old brain working!