Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Tuesday 3rd May

Exercise: 1 Hr Treadmill - 9.78km Food Intake: Breakfast: Porridge with Golden Syrup Morning Tea: Satsuma Lunch: Ham & Low Fat Cheese White Roll, Low Fat Orange Sorbert Fruche, Mini Bag Cheese & Bacon Balls Afternoon Tea: 1 Plum Dinner: Pork Korma with Brown Rice Running was great today. Had loads of energy so it wasn't too hard. The knee seems to have healed itself too. Even the food intake was okay, just not enough veggies that's all. And I went food shopping tonight and wasn't even tempted to buy anything bad, not even Mentos (which I would have taken to work with me and scoffed!). I'm seriously considering the 21 day detox which is in this month's Madison magazine . It's not as yukky as a normal detox and you can eat some normal food too i.e. chicken, turkey, brown rice, porridge, bananas. As this pretty much resembles what I eat (apart from all the junk food!!) I thought that it might be worth trying. My biggest worry is that there is no alcohol......3 weeks without alcohol - I'm struggling already with that concept, but if I stick to the plan then it suggests that I could lose 5kg, which is my ultimate goal anyway, so if I put it into perspective, what do I want more??? Of course it's the weight loss, why would I even consider the alcohol! So I'm either going to start on Saturday or Monday, haven't decided yet. I need to sit down and work out my meals and what I need to buy for it. Most of the food has to be organic and wheat and gluten free, so that'll be a first for me! I also never venture down the asle with all that stuff in it either, so shopping may be fun! Still haven't decided if I'm going to do the Mothers Day run on Sunday. I'll probably decide on Saturday (nothing like a last minute decision!!)