Friday, July 29, 2005

Friday 29th July

Exercise: NO Food Intake: Breakfast: 4 Litebix with skinny milk & splenda Morning Tea: Vanilla Slice, Peppermint Slice Lunch: Chicken Hot Pot, Brown Rice, Low Fat Cheesecake Yoghurt Afternoon Tea: 2 Boxes Mentos, 6 Marshmallows Dinner: Low Fat Cheese Sandwich on Grain Bread What AGR said in her comment yesterday made me think long and hard! Am I in that elite class of fitness where I can eat just about anything without it affecting me that much?? I do admit that I'm not in the overweight group of people who need to lose, or are in the process of losing large amounts of weight. I could get away with not even dieting any more, as long as I kept up the exercise. But I do still worry about my weight. I do still worry that I wont' be able to fit into my size 10 jeans, and I do still worry about how people will see me if I'm not at my most desirable weight. I hate the feeling of being overweight and not fitting comfortably into my clothes. Yes I could probably buy a size 12 pair of jeans, and then they'd feel comfortable, but is this how weight gain starts in the first place? Can I get away with eating what I eat because I do run 30-40km per week, and go to the gym regularly? Would my eating habits change for the better if I couldn't do the amount of exercise that I do? Just think what shape I'd be in if I could stick to a better diet and STILL do the amount of exercise that I do! I've decided that I'm going to do detox again as it really worked well for me last time and I pretty much kept on the straight and narrow. My only consolation will be that I might have a drink on the weekend if I feel like it (yeah like I"m not going to!!). So on Sunday I'm going to do a big cook up and freeze lots of meals. I'll do a 2 week stint and see how I go. And I will be strict with myself. I don't have any social engagements at all in August so it shouldn't be too difficult. Okay, decision made!