Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Tuesday 30th May

Exercise: 10km Run - Mullum Mullum Creek Trail Wow, how cold was it this morning!! I'm so glad that I was wearing my gloves otherwise my fingers would have frozen! Took a while for the legs to get going as they were a bit stiff from Sunday's 1/2 and also from the Pilates I did on Saturday (especially the top of my hamstrings). I didn't play Netball last night but did go down to watch the girls. We won too! Seems that because we have won the last few games we are now in the finals!! Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Good because we are now a much better team, but bad because if we do well in the finals it may mean that we have to go up to the next comp, which means playing against better players! I'm going to give next week's game a miss too, just to make sure that my calf is healed properly. It's funny how I can run in a straight line for 20 odd kilometres, but when it comes to playing Netball my calf really doesn't like it! Michelle and I have had a bit of a chat in relation to what our goals are with our running. Michelle really wants to do well and get better times, with her ultimate goal of competing in the Melbourne Marathon. I, on the other hand, really enjoy the social aspect of running and am not very competitive at all, so times and distances aren't that important to me. Anyway after Sunday's run we've both come up with a new plan. I will still run with Michelle on our long Sunday runs, and we'll meet during the week for our shorter runs, but on a race day if there's a 10km event as well as a 1/2 marathon then I'll do the 10km and Michelle will do the 1/2. This way we can still both run together at the beginning, and Michelle can then carry on to finish the half. A win/win situation for both of us! Alana's Quote: "Mummy I want to be a penguin!"