Saturday, June 10, 2006

Saturday 10th June

Exercise: Step Class, 10 Mins Treadmill I deliberately didn't put any risers under my step this morning but I can still feel that the calves got a good workout. Just hope that they don't hurt too much tomorrow as I'm doing a 20km run!! The woman who was teaching the class normally does some low impact work and then does some step work but she's hurt her back so it was a whole class of step. Took me a while to get back into the groove of remembering all the moves but after about 20 minutes I found that I didn't have to think too hard, just watch when the instructor did new stuff that I hadn't done before. Not sure if I'll go back next week or not!! I then hopped onto the treadmill for 10 minutes and ran fast....well fast for me anyway. I had it on 12.5km. The first 3 or 4 minutes felt great, the next couple of minutes I started to labour a little bit, the last 3 or 4 minutes I had to really concentrate on my breathing and my feet!! Short but hard! I wasn't going to do a long run this weekend, but I just couldn't resist. Most of the Ausrun crew will be doing 28-30km but I'm only going to do 20km. It's a 7am start so it's going to be cold and probably foggy too. Will be well rugged up for that! We're going Ice Skating this afternoon. Meeting Michelle and her lot down there so that should be a bit of fun. Can't remember the last time I did Ice Skating....I just hope I don't break anything as I'm sure there'll be some spills!! Alana's Quote: "I reckon this little fella's going to come out today!!" (talking about her loose tooth!)