Thursday, June 08, 2006

Thursday 8th June

Exercise: 10km Run - Lunchtime (North Croydon) How lucky are we with the weather at the moment. It was lovely to run at lunchtime today. We did the same course as last week and managed to knock a couple of minutes off our time this week. It felt good running!! My body seems to like this distanace. Not sure if it's a mental thing, but running 10km just feels like the perfect distance to run at a good consistent pace!! I do still enjoy those long slow runs though (apart from the bit when my body doesn't want to run any more!!). My food intake is going well. I've resisted the temptation of the charity box that's appeared in the staff kitchen and am happy to say that it's almost empty already. I think there's been a bit of a lull in people bringing the chocolate in to work, so it tends to go a bit quicker when one appears after a dry spell!! I've agreed to meet one of my friends from work at the gym on Saturday morning for a 'high energy' class. I know this consists of doing some step plus other stuff and I haven't done step for at least a year so I'll need to take it easy as I know how much pain I'll be in after the class. Unfortunately I already know what I'm like when I get into a class that gives a good workout.....I tend to go flat out!! Alana's Quote: "You're the best Mum I've ever had!!"