Sunday, June 25, 2006

Sunday 25th June

Exercise: 20km Run - Warby Trail I was absolutely gobsmacked when Michelle arrived to pick me up this morning at 7am....Marty was with her!!! For anyone who doesn't know Marty, he is not a morning person, so it was a shock to see him sitting there!! He brought his bike so that he could ride with us. A nice turnout this morning...EJM, Beki, TigerBoy, Eat Em & Stormbikes, along with Michelle and Marty. We must have looked like a formiddable little group taking over the Warby Trail at that time of the day! I wasn't sure how I was going to go this morning as I pushed myself quite hard yesterday at the gym. That may have been because I took a couple of AMP tablets and a couple of Heat Stack tablets too. They gave me so much energy it was fantastic. If I'd had more time I would have done a spin class on top of my run and my cross training! I got to about the 15km mark and realised that I was probably going to struggle over the last 5km. Luckily most of it was downhill, but the last km was an uphill incline. I did have to walk a couple of times, which I was a bit disappointed about, especially after the great long run I had last week. I've discovered that the problem I've been having with my 4th toe on my left foot is in fact Morton's Neuroma. I might have to book an appointment with my sports doctor to discuss it and see what can be done. It now starts to play up after about 7km of running. When I'm not running I don't even feel it or notice it at all. I also have "Morton's Foot Deformity" which is where the second toe is longer than the big toe!! On a better note, I'm going to bring out my new Hurricane Grid 7's. Their first outing will be on Tuesday morning's run....exciting!! Alana's Quote: "What a knob!" (she must have got that one from her father!!)