Friday, October 20, 2006

Friday 20th October

Exercise: 30 Mins Bike, 15 Mins Walk, 5 Mins Rower Back down to the gym this morning. I iced the knee last night and also this morning while I was eating breakfast. Did some good stretching too. I have a feeling that the pain in my knee is due to something being very tight in my hip. So I think that a bit of rolling around on a tennis ball as suggested by Beakus may be a good thing. Hmmm, now where did I see that tennis ball?? I'm missing the running very badly. With running you don't really have to think too much about doing it. The most thinking I would have to do is decide what to wear and which trainers to wear, but with the gym there's so much more to think about - do I do a whole hour on the bike or the cross trainer or do I split it up so that it doesn't get too boring and try to incorporate 2 or 3 pieces of equipment into the workout. Should I also try and do a few weights too, or maybe some floor work....way too many things to consider!! Did I tell you that I'm missing the running??? Am also missing my running buddy. I talk to absolutely nobody when I'm at the gym so it's a very lonely hour apart from my MP3 player. At least when I'm running with Michelle we can natter the whole time we're running. Totally takes the mind off how far you're running and how steep the hills are!! And wasn't it fantastic to actually see a bit of rain today....never thought I'd say that, me being the sun worshipper that I am!! Cool number plate: KCUBYE (took me a while to figure this one out!) Alana's Quote: "Mum will I get wrinkles like you!!"