Thursday, October 19, 2006

Thursday 19th October

Exercise: 30 Mins Cross Trainer, 20 Mins Walking - Treadmill So I'm now back at the gym. Nothing has changed! My knee felt fine on the cross trainer (thank goodness) and it even felt okay on the treadmill while I was power walking. Took my shins a little while to co-operate though. They're not used to the motion of power walking up hills. I had it set to 7kph to start with but had to knock it back a little bit while they got used to it. Once I felt a bit less strain on the shins I cranked it back up to 7kph. Beakus, I have been avidly reading your blog and have taken notes!! I'm hoping that I don't have to wait 7 months before I can run again though. I would be pulling my hair out by then....and most probably would have put on at least 10kg too!! I need to find some form of exercise that uses the same amount of calories as an hours run. Might need to do a bit of research on that one! I know this is really really slack but I haven't got around to icing the knee yet. I have put some Nurofen Gel on it and I put a compression bandage on when I go to bed but I just can't seem to find the right time to do the ice thing. Must try and remember tonight. You know how I mentioned that I had a win on Keno, well it turns out that I didn't win $50, I won $500!! OMG I've never won that amount on anything before! So I wonder how many pairs of trainers I can get with that? Or maybe another couple of running skirts and some Enell Bras? Oh the possibilities are endless!! Alana's Quote: "Mum you just don't get it do you?"