Monday, June 27, 2005

Monday 27th June

Exercise: Weights, Stomach Food Intake: Breakfast: 2 slices Grain toast with margerine Morning Tea: Low Fat Banana Muesli Bar Lunch: Chicken Fried Rice, Diet Choc Mousse, Manderine Afternoon Tea: Apple Dinner: 2 Kangaroo Sausages, 1 Large White Bread Roll with margerine, 2 Fruit sticks, couple of soft mixed lollies I've made the decision to cut bread out of my diet at the moment, especially white bread. I'm very addicted to it and if given the opportunity, would (and could) eat it all day long in various forms. I'm not sure what to replace it with though. Take tonight for example. I was going to have the sausages with some steamed veggies. I've even bought the individual sachets from the supermarket so I can just chuck them into the microwave and voila! But being the lazy cow that I am, the bread roll was much easier to do instead. Same with breakfast. It only takes a couple of minutes to do the banana smoothie or the porridge, but it's even easier just to throw a couple of pieces of bread in the toaster. I'm off out shopping tomorrow to buy some food so that I can use the slow cooker. Just can't decide what I want to cook first!! Hubby has just informed me that he doesn't like stew or casserole...but went on to elaborate that he didn't like how his mum made them. Now I would have to say that I cook alot differently than her, and the fact that I use herbs and spices and actually want my food to taste good, not just for the family, but because I want to eat food that tastes good, probably makes all the difference. I've done a bit of a search on the internet and have found this recipe which sounds absolutely gorgeous. Might have to substitute skim milk and a fat reduced soup though: Creamy Broccoli Chicken 1 can Cream of Broccoli Soup boneless chicken breasts (as many as you need) - approx. 3 pounds (1.3kg) 1 bag frozen broccoli salt and pepper 1 cup milk PREPARATION: Place chicken in the crockpot. Cover with frozen veggies and cream of broccoli soup. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook on LOW 6 to 8 hours or HIGH 3 to 4 hours. (Boneless chicken breasts might be dry if cooked too long.) Add milk about 45 minutes before done, or 30 minutes if cooking on high. Serve poured over rice!!!