Saturday, June 25, 2005

Saturday 25th June

Exercise: NO Food Intake: Breakfast: 2 Slices Grain toast with margerine Lunch: Ali Baba Chicken Kebab Dinner: Sofia's Chicken Ristotto, 2 slices Herb Pizza, 2 1/2 Glasses Champagne, 1/2 Box Gourmet Rice Snacks, 4 Fruit Sticks We went out shopping today, and ended up at a food court for lunch. My first option was always going to be the chinese counter as there's lots of food on the plate, but I decided to go for the chicken kebab without all the trimmings. And I was happy with that too. Didn't fill me up too much, but my stomach still felt that there was enough to keep me going for a while. And what a day shopping we (well me anyway) had. I bought another pair of trainers, this time a pair of Saucony Grid Jazz. I love wearing Saucony trainers as they just seem to fit my feet perfectly, so when I saw they were on special in Atletes Foot, I jumped at the chance of buying them. I also bought a Nike singlet for $20 (bargain), and we went into Rebel and they were selling Puma running tops for 1/2 price. I also looked at the Nike Dri-fit tops as these are supposed to be great at keeping the sweat away from your body, but they are $65 each. I tried one on anyway and of course it fit like a glove and gave my boobs great support. This particular top that I tried on had a couple of makeup smudges on it, so I went over to the counter and asked for 10% off....and got it, so it was still expensive at $60 but I'm going to save it for my fun runs only. Oh, and I ended up with 2 new pairs of sunglasses too! Hubby wanted to stop at Sofias on the way home and get some pasta to takeaway, so my choice was the chicken risotto. And I only had a small bowl of it as we were also eating Herb Pizza. Not sure why, but later on I saw the 1/2 eaten box of rice snacks, so while I was on the computer I ended up eating the rest of those. Then I got a sweet craving so munched on the fruit sticks too. And my justfication for eating all this....I'm running 20km tomorrow so I can work it all off!! I'm still shaking my head at that one! Now about those chocolate bullets. I've had a good think about this one and I've come to the conclusion that they are my comfort food. I know lots of people have some kind of comfort food, and when I'm not feeling well, or I just want a 'little' something, or if I can't make a choice between something I choose these. I just don't know what to substitute these for that will give me the same kind of hit that these do.....something healthier that doesn't ruin what I'm trying to achieve......please don't say fruit or salad or something like that as that type of food just isn't going to do it for me. It's got to be something that I am going to really enjoy eating after dinner that's going to give me that real yummo hit (hope you all understand what I'm talking about!!). Right I'd better go before you all think I'm crazy!!