Friday, August 12, 2005

Friday 12th August

Exercise: 1 Hr Treadmill (10.29km) Food Intake: Breakfast: Porridge with banana & golden syrup Morning Tea: 2 Muesli Bars Lunch: Chicken Fried Rice, Box of Mentos Afternoon Tea: Gluten & Wheat Free Rice Crackers, Packet of Yoghurt Covered Raisins Dinner: 2 Crumpets with margerine, 3/4 Packet Rice Crackers I've done alot of thinking overnight and this morning and I've realised (once again) that the scales are and always have been my undoing. Why do I have to reach my goal of 60kg? Why is it so important to me? Why can't I concentate on losing inches instead and make fitting comfortably into my clothes my target. Since changing my diet slightly and doing more running, I can happily say that my size 10 jeans DO fit comfortably and there's not so much excess flab hanging over my bra.......off topic, did anyone see the Oprah Show this week about bra sizes and getting fitted for the right bra? Good viewing! Now the question is....do I put my scales away? Do I just go by the feel of my clothes? Or do I try instead to reach 60kg and then consider how I maintain it. Or do I have to question if I am ever going to reach 60kg? How much hard work is it really to get there? Do I really have the incentive and the need to actually reach it? So many questions - no answers though!!