Saturday, October 29, 2005

Chicken Ceaser Salad

During the week I bought a take away Chicken Ceaser Salad from a food hall. I watched how they made it quite closely and it looked so simple! So I made it myself tonight and it was so yummy! Here's the recipe if anyone's interested. Kos Lettuce, cut into large shreds Cooked Chicken Breast cut into strips Rindless bacon bits, cooked Grated Parmesan Cheese Ceaser Salad Dressing 1 Boiled Egg I put it all into a bowl and mixed it up first, then scooped it out onto the plate. I then cut the egg in half and placed on the top. I used the carbwise ceaser salad dressing as it was quite low in fat and still tastes nice. I used a small amount of spary to cook the bacon bits, but I could have easily dry fried them. I couldn't find any light parmesan cheese already grated, but would have used that if I'd found it. I bought the rindless bacon bits from Safeway at the Deli, and I used George to cook the chicken! Going to make this another one of my favourite weekly dishes. Oh yeah, I forgot to add croutons, which would have been the Low Fat Ceaser Salad ones if I'd remembered to get them out of the cupboard!!