Thursday, October 27, 2005

Thursday 27th October

Exercise: Day 3 Weights Program My hip is now throbbing!! The deep tissue massage really hurt this time...yeow!! The needles I couldn't feel at all. Must be pretty similar to having accupuncture I suppose...never had it before though so it's hard to compare! Not sure if it's any better or not though. I'm a bit down at the moment as the Myotherapist told me that I've got to start running small distances - like 2km and then work up the mileage really slowly....2km!! That's going to take me like 10 minutes!! What do I do for the rest of the hour or so that I've got allocated before work to do my exercise? I might try doing some power walking tomorrow and see how that goes. I have no pain when I walk, only when I run, and then only after about 30 minutes. Hmmm, maybe I'll do some alternate walking and running and see how that goes! There's a couple of really good hills nearby that I could tackle to get the heartrate going. I've entered a 10km race on the 13th November (this was before I was told to reduce my mileage!) so I'm going to have to make sure that I'm back up to scratch before then. Might try the tiger balm again and see if that helps. I've also got another myotherapy appointment on Monday, so hopefully that'll also help.