Friday, November 11, 2005

Friday 11th November

Exercise: 30 Mins Cross Trainer (5.6km), 15 Mins Run (2.4km) Goddam hip. Hurting now after 15 minutes running on the treadmill. Not happy! Well my visit to the Sports Doctor yesterday was very eye opening and a whole new learning experience. I have learnt that my hip does not have a stress fracture (phew!). I have also learnt that when I run my feet over pronate. This is good to know when it comes to buying trainers! And it seems that my right leg is about 1cm longer than my left leg...didn't realise that I'd been leaning to the left all my life!! I had xrays done yesterday, which were fine. He now wants me to go for an MRI scan. This is going to cost me (yes out of pocket expenses after medicare rebate) $250! A part of me just says "live with the pain and stop wasting money" (it cost me $200 yesterday for his appointment and the x-rays) and the other part of me says " lets just find out exactly what is wrong and take it from there". So I've booked to have the MRI done on Tuesday. I love the Australian medical system. In the UK I would have probably had to wait up to 6 weeks to have an MRI, and there's no way I would have been able to just walk in to an X-Ray place and say that the doctor sent me to have them done and he wants them back straight away! Yep, we're pretty lucky over here! I did forget to mention to the doc that I was doing a 10km race on Sunday. Now I'd already signed up for this before the pain started so in my defence it wasn't my fault. No refund allowed. And me being the stinge that I am, I'm not throwing $27 down the drain. Just think how many bottles of champagne I could have bought with that money!