Sunday, April 02, 2006

Sunday 2nd April

Exercise: 23.5km Run - Williamstown It was great getting an extra hour in bed, even if I did have to get up at 5.45am!! Picked up Tiger Boy, Michelle and EJM and made our way over to Williamstown for an 8am start. There were about 6 Cool Runners running today. It was freezing cold when we started off (well for me it was cold anyway) but I soon warmed up as we got going. Suppose it was a small consolation that it wasn't raining and the sun came out! Was a lovely change to actually run near the water, but the wind was very strong, and we ran into a head wind for most of the way. You might have thought that as it was a head wind on the way out we'd get a tail wind on the way back???? No such luck. Back into a head wind we went on the turnaround! I started to feel a bit of pain in my right knee at about the 18km mark, but tried to ignore it. When we got back to the car park it was getting quite painful. Great to run with some new people and even better to run a new trail. The only down side was that it was all pavement, which probably didn't do the knees much good, but as Michelle said, any race that we do is normally run on the road so we need to get our legs conditioned for this!! Am now home relaxing with my feet up listening to the Grand Prix on the TV. And my lay in yesterday morning was fantastic. Didn't get out of bed until 11.30am!!