Saturday, May 06, 2006

Saturday 6th May

Exercise: 9.3km Run - Local Streets Well I finally got out on my own for a run. It was a pretty boring one, just around the local streets, but there were some hills, so at least I gave the legs a little workout. I've been out and bought some Skins today, so I'm now officially a part of the "Skins Club". Am yet to try them on, but I know that Beki's fit her and I've bought the same size, so there shouldn't be too many problems with them fitting. Once I've got them on though I might have to sleep in them as Beki said that they are a real bugger to get on, so once on I might just leave them on!! I also picked up 7 sachets of the Chocolate Gel that I use when doing my Long Run. Better to buy lots of them while you can find them is my motto!! There's no more left in the shop either! The Great Train Race is tomorrow and I have to say that I'm actually looking forward to doing it, even though the weather forecast is for cold, wet and windy conditions. I think it might be because we are all meeting up at a pub afterwards and I can have a few glasses of champers (how sad is that!). Whilst buying the skins today I got my hands on one of the new Garmin Forerunners. It was the 205 and it was lovely!! It was very comfortable on my wrist and the buttons were very easy to push too. Might have to look at a trade in sooner or later! Alana's Quote: "Mum can we fly to the moon?"