Monday, June 26, 2006

Monday 26th June

Exercise: Netball Game Wasn't sure if I was going to have to play Netball tonight as we now have 9 players, but one was sick and another had to work, so we were down to 7...which meant me playing! The funniest sight was me in as Goalkeeper and my opponent who was about 6ft 6!! I don't think I deflected the ball once when it was passed to her...she was just so tall!! Tonight's game was a semi final, and at the end of the game we got told that it was a draw so we had to do another 5 minutes each end....we ended up losing by 1 goal, which was a bit of a shame, but also good because it meant we didn't have to worry about going up to the next league. I made some Sweet Potato Scones on the weekend. Alana loved them, so I decided not to tell her what was in them, otherwise she would not have loved them!! Here's the recipe for anyone who's interested. Makes about 24 5oz (150g) plain flour 4 teaspoons baking powder 1 teaspooon salt 1 tablespoon soft light brown sugar 2fl oz (50ml) mashed cooked sweet potatoes 1/4 pint (150ml) milk 2oz (50g) butter or margerine, melted Preheat oven to 230 deg C/450 deg F/Gas 8 Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Add the sugar and stir to mix. In a separate bowl, combine sweet potatoes with milk and melted butter or margerine. Mix well until evenly blended Stir dry ingredients into sweet potato mixture to make a dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly, just to mix, for 1-2 minutes Roll or pat out the dough to 1/2 inch (1cm) thickness. Stamp out rounds with a 1 1/2 inch (4cm) biscuit cutter Arrange on a greased baking sheet. Bake until puffed and lightly golden, about 15 minutes. Alana's Quote: "Mum that's disgusting!" Me: "Oops, I didn't think it was going to smell!"