Sunday, July 16, 2006

Sunday 16th July

Exercise: 10km Run - Yarra Trail As a few other Ausrunners have commented, the trail that we ran last week is one of the nicer ones that I've run along, so Michelle and I decided to do a short run there. I wasn't going to run today, but after a few glasses of champers last night, I got a case of the guilts so rang Michelle to see if she was up for it. Luckily she'd had a few glasses too and agreed that it was a great idea!! We were both adament that we didn't want to run early as a sleep in was definitely the order of the day - 8am is now a sleep in for me!! Unfortunately we missed the early morning group run, which is always fun. I was planning on a 15km run, but due to unforseen circumstance, we cut it down to 10km. We were very lucky with the weather. No rain at all - we even thought the sun was going to appear at one stage. And a lovely Kangaroo came down to the trail to say hello, and even joined us for a little while, before bounding off into one of the paddocks. Yesterday was a complete writeoff. I was sore from doing the pump class and then running at lunchtime on Friday so decided to have a day to recuperate. The weather also made my decision not to run even easier. How crappy was it. Just seemed to rain all day long, and on days like these I just hibernate inside and do nothing other than veg on the couch with a hot cup of coffee and a good movie or 10 to watch. I've also had a text message to say that my girlfriend in the UK has gone into labour, so I'm anxiously waiting to hear how she went....exciting or what!! Alana's Quote: " Dad you're ruining my life"