Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Tuesday 4th July

Exercise: 10km Run - Mullum Mullum Creek Trail Don't you just hate it when you wake up about 30 minutes before the alarm goes off feeling totally wide awake and ready to go, then fall back asleep again and wake up totally yuck when the alarm goes off!! Should have got up the first time I woke up!! I was fully layered up this morning for the cold weather, but once I'd been running for about 10 minutes, realised that it was actually not as cold as I'd thought it was going to be. The gloves came off pretty quickly, as did the jacket. I'm so loving my new Hurricane 7's. May have to buy another pair to replace my current 6's as they're much better to run in. The 6's feel very heavy and I really don't run very well in them. They've only done about 240km but they feel tired and worn out already! I've decided that I'm not going to enter the Melbourne Marathon in October doing the 1/2 or the 10km. I'm going to meet Michelle at the start of the 1/2 and run it with her as she passes by (as a non participant). Hopefully it'll help her get through her first marathon without too much difficulty. This way there is no pressure on me to do good times or finish, just to keep Michelle moving! Alana's Quote: "Mum what did you do THAT for?" (Questioning my driving again!!)