Monday, August 14, 2006

Monday 14th August

I really should learn that if I have a late night I very rarely will get out of bed at 5.30am!! Once again I had every intention of doing a spin class this morning but as I didn't actually close my eyes until nearly 12.30am I decided not to even bother considering it, so I turned the alarm off before I fell asleep. Even when it went off at 6.45am I still wanted to just turn over and go back to sleep! I've had some real wins today. Firstly the man from Westinghouse came out this morning to fix my beloved fridge. One look at it confirmed that it was definitely the compressor that had failed. I asked him how long it was going to take to fix, as it was costing me $30 for every 15 minutes of his time. I think he must have heard the pain in my voice as he decided that I could have the whole thing done under warranty. This meant that both his time and the parts were going to cost me NOTHING!! I was so happy I could have hugged him! Instead I offered him a cup of coffee! Then at lunch time I took a pair of Alana's school shoes back to the shop that I bought them from as the stitching had come away at the sides and her foot had come right through. Now I didn't have the docket or the box any more as I didn't think that the shoes were going to deteriorate so rapidly (she's only been wearing them since the beginning of this term). I was more than happy when the sales lady offered to swap them for a new pair! Yippee!! Haven't told you the saga about the car that we were selling on Ebay have I? Well it sold last Wednesday and we haven't heard from the winning bidder at all, despite many emails asking them to ring us so that we can organise to move the car (god I despise these people!!). Anyway we've offered it to the next highest bidder and they've accepted the offer based on the "Buy it Now" price. I'm happy with that, so at least the car has been sold again. Alana's Quote: "Nice crack Daddy!" (Hubby's ankle cracked when he moved his foot!)