Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Tuesday 8th August

Exercise: 10km Run - Mullum Mullum Creek Trail I wasn't sure how I'd go this morning doing a 10km run. It's been 8 days since I've done any running so was a little bit apprehensive that I'd be able to do a straight 10km without feeling the loss of fitness. It was easy!! Yep, I felt absolutely great, and probably could have kept on going if I'd had the time. The legs felt really comfortable, with no niggles at all from the knee either! Can you tell I'm happy!! Now I've been struggling a little bit with the distance running. Am finding it increasingly difficult to finish 20km without feeling like a 70 year old woman! Yet running along the MMCT I'm sure that I could run the 20km without even thinking about it. How weird is that!! How mental is the brain sometimes in our thought process?? In fact, I may even do that this weekend. It means that I've got to run it end to end 4 times, but thinking about actually doing it, I have no real negative thoughts of not being able to do it as it's just such an easy trail to run. Will let you know how I go!! Is anyone else already addicted to Australian Idol? Okay, so I'm a reality TV junkie. At least it doesn't start until 7.30pm so I've got time to do stuff before I sit down on the couch!! And what happened to Yasmin???. Luckily I wasn't really interested in watching that one, and wasn't too surprised when it was taken off air!! Alana's Quote: "Please don't fuss me about it!" (we were hassling her about something, supposedly!!)