Friday, July 28, 2006

Friday 28th July

Well everything has gone to pot!! I wanted to do a body attack class last night as I really enjoyed it last week. BUT....I got home to find a very sick hubby tucked up on the couch with a thick blanket and a hot water bottle, filling the house with flu germs!! So of course I couldn't go and leave him could I?? Wouldn't have been very fair to dump Alana on him and swan off to do the class. Instead I thought that I'd get up early and do a pump class this morning at the gym. I've had a bit of a niggle in my lower back since last week and it hasn't really gone away. Last night it really kicked in and now I have a very sore spot!! I didn't go. Woke up when the alarm went off and it was still quite painful so thought I'd better do the right thing and rest it. Hubby and I were supposed to be going up to town for a night out (it was his birthday this week). We were going to stay at the Rialto on Collins. I've had to ring up this morning and cancel as there's no way that he's going to be well enough to do anything on the weekend. This also means rescheduling my long run as I was going to run with Michelle tomorrow morning while Hubby took Alana to Gymnastics. I'll now take her, which means the long run is out. Will probably run with Michelle on Sunday now, if she can make it. Alana was also looking forward to staying over at Michelle's house tomorrow night(babysitter) and I've had to let Alana know that she's not going now. She wasn't very happy about that, especially when she found out that they have Sing Star on PS2!! So it looks like I'll be donning the nurses uniform for Hubby(ooh er!!), trying to keep Alana entertained, and avoiding germs at all costs!! I've got a little bit of a sore throat at the moment, but if I keep up the vitamins, exercise and total denial of getting flu/cold I should be right!! And I will get around to reading everyone's blogs soon. Work has been absolutely manic this week!! Alana's Quote: "Mum this is just so ridiculous!"