Monday, July 31, 2006

Monday 31st July

Exercise: Spin Class I dragged myself out of bed this morning to do a spin class at the gym. I almost didn't get out of bed, but as I didn't actually feel too unwell, I talked myself into getting up and going. And I'm so glad that I did. It was a really good class. I thought that perhaps it might cause me a bit of pain in my knees, but there was none at all. I think I'll make this a regular class. It was nice to keep the legs moving after a long run but without all the jarring that running brings to them. Now for the whinge!! I'm sick. Went to work feeling a bit lightheaded and with a sore throat. By the time I sat at my desk my body had started to get the chills and aches. I had to clear up a few things before I could leave, so didn't actually get to sit down on my couch and feel sorry for myself until about 2pm. Then the aches really kicked in. I took a couple of flu tablets later in the afternoon and miraculously the aches have now gone. It's just my throat that's giving me grief. Feels like someone has shoved a huge piece of sandpaper down there. Very hard to swallow. Have been sucking on Butter Menthols all afternoon (can't stomach anything stronger). Luckily my boss is overseas until Wednesday so at least I don't have to worry that I'm not there for him. I'll probably take tomorrow off to try and rest but will have to go back in to work on Wednesday (that's when he's back). Just hope that I don't spread too many germs!! Won't be playing Netball tonight and I'll miss my run with Michelle tomorrow morning too. Bummer. On a good note, I haven't eaten any chocolate since Friday...YAY! But saying that, I don't feel like eating anything at all at the moment. The appetite definitely disappears when I'm feeling unwell. The only thing I want at the moment is Chocolate Milk.....Oh, does that count as eating Chocolate?? Alana's Quote: "You're such a smarty pants Dad!"