Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Tuesday 24th October

Exercise: 1 Hr Power Walk Wasn't it a fabulous morning for a power walk. I managed to get out of bed, made easier by the fact that the sun was streaming through the curtains!! I so wanted to break into a run. I didn't. But I really, really wanted to. I will wait until the end of the week and then start doing a run/walk routine. I may also go and see CV and let her have a go at massaging it to see if she can make a difference. I got on the scales this morning after I'd been for my walk. I've lost 1.6kg since yesterday morning. How can that be? Where did the weight go? I certainly didn't feel like I was holding water and I don't feel like I've lost 1.6kg of fat from around my middle (which is where all my excess weight goes to). It just doesn't make sense to me. And I hate things that don't make sense. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, just baffled! Another thing that baffles me is how somebody can give you a quote on something and then turn around when you're about to buy and say that they'd misquoted and it should be $3,000 more!! We've given the go ahead to the kitchen maker guy and he has to get our laminate put on the doors in a special way as it's not normal laminate. The guy who's going to do it is the one who's misquoted. So if we can't do a deal with the price I'm going to have to start looking for a new laminate to put on my cupboard doors as I'm sure as hell not paying an extra $3,000 when I'm already forking out $15,500 for the kitchen. Why can't people just get it right the first time!! Okay, rant over!