Sunday, July 03, 2005

Sunday 3rd July

Exercise: 2 Hr Run Outside (19.6km) Food Intake: Breakfast: Porridge with Banana & Golden Syrup Lunch: No Dinner: Chicken Hotpot with 2 Dumplings, Low Fat Diet Choc Mousse, 2 Glasses Champagne Snack: 1 Packet Rice Crackers, 1 Glass Champagne I did a really stupid thing. Last night I drank a bit of champagne but didn't bother to drink any water, so of course this morning when I woke up I was a bit dehydrated. I had a few mouthfuls of water but that was it. I totally forgot that I was running this afternoon and did not drink enough water to rehydrate me enough to do a long run. So of course over the last 5km or so I was really struggling. Had to keep stopping at the water taps along the route that we ran just to get some water into me. I won't do that again. If I'm going to drink, I really need to drink a litre of water before I go to bed, and then another litre when I get out of bed. Suzy, just to let you know that I modified your Beef Hotpot recipe to my liking (i.e. what I had in the fridge) and it was fabulous. The dumplings were so easy to make and they cooked up a treat in the slow cooker. Even hubby had 2nds!! I just realised that I didn't put a link to my habit eating post, but if you look to the right you'll see that I've put 3 new links to posts that I did last year which talk about my food and chocolate idiosyncracies. And did everyone watch Big Brother tonight? I'm so addicted!! Can't wait for Tuesday night either!