Monday, September 26, 2005

Monday 26th September

Exercise: 30 Mins Crosstrainer (4.81km), Chest, Situps I didn't do my long run yesterday....my daughter decided that 6.30am was a good time to wake us up and ask when she could wake her cousins up (they were sleeping over). Stupidly I told her to wait at least an hour....so at 7.30am there was lots of noise down the other end of the house, followed by the sound of a basketball being bounced, which reverberated throughout the house.....hence I was in no mood to go out and do a run. I take my hat off to anyone who has more than one child. Where do you find the patience and the time??? I've decided to alternate my routine. I'm going to do a run one morning, followed by the gym the next morning. This gives me a bit of variety so I don't get too bored by running the same route every day, and means that I'm still getting my money's worth out of my gym membership. Let's see how that goes!! Now in response to some of your comments (some from a while back): AGR, how could not know that the Grand Final was on? It was on every radio channel and TV channel, the papers were full of it and everyone was talking about it!! Kathryn, I did manage to see some of the Monster Trucks at the show and they were absolutely fantastic. The sound of those engines revving up was just awesome (yes I'm a bit of a petrol head!!). AGR, I always eat Porridge with a chopped banana & golden syrup before a 1/2 marathon, or any race at all. I try to get up a bit earlier so that I have at least an hour from the time that I've finished eating to the time that the race starts. I've also become addicted to Red Bull (thanks to Michelle) and have one of these before a race, sugar free of course! Suzy, when you join a gym they will create a program for you based on what your goals are, then they go through the program they've created for you and show you how to use all the machines. I have a confession to make. I didn't put my name on the survey that I filled out for the gym, so nobody can point the finger at me when I walk in the door...pretty gutless I know, but I really just wanted them to listen! Sorry that I haven't posted many comments on all your blogs but I've been really busy both at work and at home. Will catch up with everyone real soon.