Sunday, November 13, 2005

Sunday 13th November

Exercise: Olympic Dream 10km Run I sat listening to the pouring rain last night thinking that I was going to get wet doing this run today, but I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up this morning to see the sun shining. Drove over to Michelle's place, then carried on up to town. Luckily there was plenty of parking, which was a huge relief as there was an estimated 6,000 people doing this race (runners and walkers). I think the pull of this race is the medal at the end!! We find a place to stand in the crowd, and then have to wait for about 15 minutes before the gun goes off (you know me, always early!!). It took a while for us to pass the start line, but once we were off and running there was plenty of room. We had heard that it was a bit tight in places but we didn't really find this at all. I have to admit that I was really worried about my hip before the run, but due to the fact that I'd taken 3 AMP tablets along with a can of Red Bull (sugar free of course) by the time the gun went off I didn't really care about my hip, I was buzzing along in the clouds somewhere! It was a great run and I seemed to have tons of energy (see above for obvious reason!). Both Michelle and I made our goal today to run under 60 minutes. And we did, althouth I pushed Michelle to run faster over the last 100 metres just to make sure that we achieved it (sorry Luv!). By my watch it was 59.15 but I'll wait for the official results. And we got a medal with Michelle Fords face on it! We met up with some of the other Aus Runners and had a bit of a natter and a drink afterwards. Big thanks to Eat Em for the bottle of water that he had waiting for us as we crossed the finish line, just what the doctor ordered!! Oh yeah, the hip - well I could feel a small pain when I landed on my foot, but it was more of a pulling sensation than actual pain, and it was fine once I stopped running. Sometimes there's a dull ache afterwards, but today there was nothing. I wonder if it was because I'd rubbed Tiger Balm into it this morning and the muscle was already warm when I started running? Who knows?! I just hope that the MRI shows up something that doesn't stop me running!