Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Tuesday 22nd November

Exercise: 30 Mins Cross Trainer (4.41km), 20 Min Run Treadmill (3.39km) Yep, I think I'm definitely back in the zone now. I went into the Supermarket today, at Lunchtime I might add, and walked out with Milo Cereal and a container of Californian Walnuts, which is exactly what I went in there to buy....and I even walked down the lolly aisle!! I've found a recipe for anyone who likes Cauliflower but wants to use it a bit differently to the normal steamed, boiled or stifried!! Spicy Cauliflower Fritters 1 large (500g) cauliflower half, trimmed 1/2 cup (75g) plain flour 1 tsp ground cumin 1 tsp ground tumeric 1 tsp grated fresh ginger 1 egg, lightly beaten 1/3 cup (20g) flaked or shredded coconut 2 tbs vegetable oil Coriander sprigs and natural yoghurt, to serve Steamed basmati rice, to serve Coarsely grate the cauliflower. Place in a large bowl. Add the flour, cumin, tumeric, ginger and egg. Mix until well combined. Divide into eight equal portions. Roll into balls and flatten to make 8cm round fritters. Place the coconut in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Cook, tossing often, for 3-4 minutes or until light golden. Remove and set aside. Heat the oil in the frying pan. Cook 1/2 the fritters for 3 minutes each side or until golden. Repeat with the remaining fritters. Top the fritters with the toasted coconut and coriander sprigs. Serve with a dollop of yoghurt and rice. I'm sure you could substitute the fresh ginger for stuff out of the jar, and I'm not sure you need to put the sprig of Coriander on top of the fritters!!