Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Wednesday 16th November

Exercise: 50 Minute Run (8.4km) I went to bed last night at 9.00pm as I was so tired. We'd had a massive thunderstorm on Monday night at about 2.00 in the morning and our daughter spent the whole time scared out of her wits underneath our doona!! And of course she didn't want to go back to her own bed, so she slept with us. Unfortunately she chose my side of the bed to sleep on and everytime she moved I woke up. I finally encouraged her to go back to her own bed at about 5am! With the lack of sleep that I'd had, when the alarm went off on Tuesday morning I already knew without a shadow of a doubt that I was going to grab that extra hour of sleep rather than going to the gym! And as I started off saying, I went to bed at 9.00 last night as I was just so tired. I'd got all my stuff ready for the gym as I knew that I'd be getting plenty of sleep, but when the alarm went off, I was still absolutely exhausted, so once again declined the invitation to get out of bed. Is there such a thing as getting too much sleep?? I had over 8 hours last night!! So there was no excuse tonight. I got all my running stuff on and was just contemplating where to run when hubby suggested running to the video shop to pick up a DVD that he wanted to watch. Good idea I thought. I get to the video shop, and of course all the DVD's of this movie were out, there was only the video of it. Okay I think, not too hard to hang on to whilst running. So I get to the counter to pay and the girl behind it tells me that I can get a free one to watch as well. So now I've got a Video and a DVD to run back with. Not so easy!! I had to keep moving them from hand to hand as they'd get slippery and hard to hold. Enjoyed the run totally. My hip wasn't even too sore. The only downside of the run was that my MP3 player ran out of battery just as I switched it on! So I had to run without any music. Nearly killed me, trying to get into a decent running stride without the beat doing it all for me. It took me right up until I got to the Video Shop to actually start breathing normally!